Start-up Manager (Chemical Process Plant) #AJW
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Jan 14, 2021
Plant Readiness Preparation (PRP)
- Lead and coordinate with the licenser, PMT, Contractors, and site operation teams to prepare, implement and execute plant readiness program for plant project.
- Core member in operation team and focal point responsible for Plant operation together with PMT and Contractors to achieve synchronized efforts in plant commissioning and starting up.
- Implement PRP EHSS plans developed by EHSS teams to manage and control high risk activities during construction, commissioning, and start-up phases to prevent workplace safety, process safety, and equipment damage incidents.
- Build, train, and coach the operation team with the required safety culture, functional skillsets, and right work attitude to be ready for plant operation.
Lead the qualification process for new polymer supervisors and DCS console operators:
- Lead and participate in operation team hiring process to build a new competent operation team.
Commission and Startup
- Participate in review, inspection, and acceptance of critical equipment from operation perspectives:
- Oversight the project handover activities to site. Ensure PMT and contractors have handed over documents, equipment, spare parts, and training properly to the site team.
- Bachelor degree in Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience in chemical/polymer manufacturing plants, with at least 5 years’ experience in leadership position for unit operation.
- Experience in participating or leading a chemical plant commissioning and startup will be an added advantage.
- Able to identify flaws and risks in plant design and construction. Offer mitigation and solutions to overcome current obstacles to help the project moving forward without compromising safety and quality.
- Strong leadership and management skills in leading the operation team to commission and startup a chemical plant.
- Able to lead and coordinate with multiple teams to achieve the project goals and objectives in complex environment.
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653
EA no. 16S8107