Senior Manager, Investment #MJC
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Posted: Sep 21, 2022
Position Purpose / Summary
Responsible for investment activities of the company including formulation of investment strategies investment portfolio, projections, investment proposal, risk assessment, compliance, monitoring investment activities undertaken by fund manager(s).
Key Areas of Responsibility
Describe the key tasks / activities that are necessary to fulfil the purpose of the role - remember these actions should not be key "goals" - these should be reviewed and allocated annually as part of the performance development program
- Responsible for development of investment's goals, objectives and investment strategies for funds under management.
- Formulation of appropriate investment portfolio for each fund in accordance with the mandate and objectives.
- Responsible for preparing investment projection/budget and investment proposals for funds under management.
- Responsible in preparing and updating of investment policy and procedures.
- Monitor the investment activities undertaken by fund manager(s) to ensure that investment activities are in adherence to the strategy, projection and policy.
- Responsible to conduct risk assessment exercise and compliance from time to time and report to the respective committees of any risk exposure and non-compliance issues. This includes formulating strategies and action plan to regularize the investment position.
- Communicate with fund managers) with regards to investment activities including investment instruction and assessment evaluation of fund manager(s).
- Business Development
- Keep abreast with the investment market, economic outlooks and rules and regulations of both domestically and internationally.
- Responsible to gather, analyze and manage information data and update the Group Managing Director, respective committees and Board of Directors for decision-making.
- Conduct feasibility studies on new investment opportunities for recommendations and performing regular investment reviews.
- Ensuring that the investment processes comply with the industry standards.
Key Success Factor (Key Matrices/ KPIs/Deliverables)
A description of the key deliverables in the role may be necessary (eg metrics / KPIs associated)
- Development and implementation of strategic initiatives to improve investment returns.
- Appropriate action plan to mitigate investment risk.
- Achievement of investment goals and objectives.