EHS, Senior Engineer #AJW
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Jan 13, 2021
To maintain and implement environment, health, safety and security management framework and programs on site. To educate employees on the workplace EHSS policies, process safety management, construction project safety and environmental protection, procedures and programs. Advice site management on EHSS related legislation and requirements. Network with global team for training, new technology applications, and leverage best practices.
Achieve Environmental, Health & Safety, Security (EHSS) Targets which include the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate commitment and compliance to EHSS policy by communicating EHSS information to employees, being knowledgeable of specific compliance requirements in areas of responsibilities and verifying active implementation.
- Monitor all new or changes in EHSS related regulations and legislations that may impact construction project design, construction, and future operations, especially in Environmental, PSM, and Construction Safety related matters. Conduct gap analysis and ensure that the plant has programs and control in place to ensure compliance of on-going projects.
- Lead, organize, and participate actively in polymer plant EHSS activities (e.g. EHSS training, safety risk assessment review, PHA, MOC, correction of EHSS hazards, unsafe conditions and at-risk behaviours in the plant).
- Lead and/ or participate in EHSS incident/ accident investigation and reporting. Ensure complete and thorough investigations and timely follow-up all required actions by respective assigned employees.
- Lead project designated working groups to develop polymer plant's EHSS procedures, programs and controls including measurements and results analysis. Obtain management endorsements and support from all functions.
Achieve Sustainability Targets which include the following responsibilities:
- Advise matters related to waste, water management, and gas discharge compliance management.
- Drive continual reduction and recycle of waste.
- Bachelor degree in Science/ Engineering with minimum 10 years of working experience.
- Registered as a Workplace Safety & Health Officer (WSHO) with Ministry of Manpower.
- Registered as a Fire Safety Manager (FSM) with Singapore Civil Defence Force.
- Minimum 5 -10 years’ relevant work experience in a chemical plant
- Working knowledge of OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and Safety Management Systems will be an added advantage.
- Good experience in PHA facilitating and PSM framework management.
- Good knowledge on construction safety and new chemical plant startup experiences will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge in interpretation of EHSS related legislations and requirements.
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653jace@searchasia.com.sg
EA no. 16S8107