Business Director, Polymer, Asia
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: May 17, 2023
- Develop and execute strategic plans to maximize growth and profitability for short term and long term at the level of geography, applications, product and customer and execute roadmap for growth.
- Lead & develop the Sales & Business Development team to reinforce market coverage, identify & develop new customers/ applications and manage key customer relationships and translate complex consumer issues into business propositions
- Optimize business operating model, ensure compliance, manage credit risk and drive collaborations across supporting functions
- Enterprising & influential communicator to help builds partnership and achieve consensus across stakeholders
- Develop and implement multi-county account management framework including global and regional accounts
- Create, own and drive execution of country strategic plans including go-to-market strategy by leveraging in-depth understanding of the market supported by multidisciplinary business processes.
- Engage with external stakeholders (industry forum, associations, market research companies, customers, regulatory bodies etc.) to monitor market trends, economical & policitcal outlook, demand and supply, competitive activities and strategies as well as evolving environmental and compliance/legal policies that can create opportunities or threat for the company’s businesses and recommend appropriate response to them.
- Lead polymer business development team to identify growth opportunities, including new product, new application and market development. Initiate marketing strategies that boost sales at the national, regional and local levels and analyze the efficacy of these strategies.
- Lead Global Accounts team in the region, set goals, priorities and KPIs, and drive team to achieve them.
- Develop global accounts strategy and align actions with other functional stakeholders in order to drive initiatives for future growth.
- Create operational excellence and manage business risk (credit, compliance) by collaborating with cross functional team to ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved and all functions are executing in line with the strategy. Manage multiple business models.
- Identify initiatives and improvements that promote the company's image in the country, and be the key liasion person with industry associations and regulatory authorities where required.
- Development of self & Polymer team members including identification and implementation of training and development program, identifying key potentials and developing them in conjunction with higher management and Human Resources.
- University degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Polymers or business discipline.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Sales of Polymers related products, preferably in areas of flexible packaging and/or compounding markets.
- Leadership position managing sales/ business teams
- 50-75% traveling
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653, #AJWjace@searchasia.com.sg
EA no 16S8107